Saturday, June 16, 2007

Back Home


I wanted to let you all know that my team and I have all made it back safely home. We spent two days traveling, made all of our flights and arrived with all of our luggage! God is good! So much of that is the prayers and support that you all have offered us during this trip. Thank you all for being a part of this with me....

During our last evening in Chiang Mai, we went out to dinner and completed our debriefing process. We were all asked to share three moments, experiences, or thoughts that we take away from our time in Cambodia and Thailand. Many I have shared here in my blog.

The first was about the beauty of belonging. As our missions director, Duncan Sprague shared with me, "belonging always precedes belief." I have seen that in a powerful way in Asia. We can't just share propositions and truth...those things are good, but they need to be accompanied by love and showing people that they belong in God's story. This is always done in the context of relationships.

The second thing I learned was about "restoration." This is one of my favorite words and always will be. God is at work in Asia. He is bringing all things back under His dominion and original design. I leave Asia inspired and excited about what God is doing. Our church will continue to send teams to this area and develop long term relationships with the camps that we visited.

The third thing I learned actually has to do with you all and this very blog. I have been truly blessed, humbled, and inspired by all of your love and support. I have been on many trips around the world and this trip was very unique because I felt that you all were with me. I loved sharing with you about what God is doing here and many times I went through the day thinking, "that is something that I want to share with my friends and family" and was able to share that almost as it was happening. Your words, comments, support and prayers were beyond words. I felt that everyday as our team entered the battle we were unafraid because you all went with us. I couldn't have done this trip without you! I love you all.

With love...fighting alongside of you,
Tammy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.