Sunday, June 3, 2007

Going North...


Tomorrow we are leaving Phnom Pehn and traveling North to the region of Siem Reap. This is in the northwest part of Cambodia for those of you who are tracking this trip. I am told that this will be about a 5 hour van trip along some pretty rough roads. So it should be more like four-wheeling trip...exciting I'm sure. Along the way we plan on stopping at a temple to take a tour. Then on Tuesday morning we should be touring the famous temple area of Angkar Wat. I am very excited for this. I hear that it is ancient, beautiful and has over 200 actual temples at this site. I think that we only have time to see about 5 of them, though. :)


Then for the next five days we will be working at 3 different camps in this region. So we will be teaching more English, playing games, making crafts, and also doing some medical outreach. We are taking three local doctors with us for this trip.


I will probably not have internet access this next week, but if I do, I will try and keep you all updated. Next Monday we will travel from Siem Reap up into Bangkok, Thailand. We will most definitely have internet services there. Thank you again for your many thoughts and prayers. I love you all.

3 comments:

Joannie DeBrito said...

Dear Tammy,
I continue to be moved by your pictures and descriptions of your trip. I feel humbled as I sit in my comfortable home and read of the
tragic history of the Cambodian people. I will continue to pray for you and the members of your group and that God will use you to be witnesses for Him.

In my thoughts and prayers...Joannie

Anonymous said...

Tammy,

I was just able to catch up on your blogs, and I really have been blessed by your posts. Thank you for taking the time to share with all of us a few glimpses of your journeys. You are in my prayers and I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories. God Bless, friend!

In Him,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy!
What fun it is to read about your fabulous trip. What an amazing experience! I can just hear the underlying joy in your "voice" as you give yourself to this new culture and people so they can experience God's love and compassion. What a beautiful representation you are of the love of Christ for them and that they will have a new history to be told!
Have so much fun!
Love, Melanie