Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Mekong River


Traveling down the Mekong River yesterday was absolutely beautiful. We saw such a different way of life in Cambodia from what we have seen before. The people here have a long tradition...a way of life that is ancient. I couldn't help but wonder what life would be like here on the river. There were houses on the hill near the river and also house boats...children playing in the water and life taking place on the river. As we passed by these homes and the jungle area I thought a lot about my dad and wondered if he had similar moments over 30 years ago as he served in Vietnam.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tammy,
Thanks for all the updates.
I am happy you are having such a wonderful experience.
I have had trouble responding back to you.
We are praying for you and know that we are thinking of you all the time.
Love
Mom